We were planning to have a BBQ, but with the recent weather being the way it is we decided it wasn’t the risk and cooked a mahosive hunk of beef. There was still some left over so we brought some back and I made a rather yummy stir fry.
Stir Fry Roast Beef With Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 ginger, finely chopped
- 200g roast beef, thinkly sliced across the grain
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 pepper, thinly sliced
- 140g mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- Rice noodles, as side dish
1) Mix soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in shallow dish. Leave for 5 minutes. You can use fresh sirloin steaks, cut thinly, just marinade for 20 min (or longer)
2) Heat wok, add sesame seeds and toast until golder. Tip onto plate.
3)Heat sunflower oill, add steak anmd marinade. Stir fry for 3-4 min. Remove beef with slotted spoon to leave marinade behind.
4) Toss peppers in marinade for 2 min, then add mushrooms and cook for a further minute.
5) Return beef to wok. Add hoisin. Stirfry for final minute. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.